Throughout history God has had a special people with a special message. In this lesson we will discover who are God's special people in this age.
- Who did God say were His people?
Eze. 34:30, 31 [Ans: "The house of Israel." (See Lesson 11.) The Further-study verse is Heb. 8:10]
- Is God, then, dependent upon the literal descendants of Abraham to have a people?
Matt. 3:9, 10 [Matt. 21:43]
- In God's sight, are all of Abraham's descendants a part of the true "house of Israel"?
Rom. 9:6, 24-26 [Rom. 2:28, 29; John 8:39, 44]
- How can we become part of God's true Israel?
Gal. 3:7, 8, 14, 26-29 [Col. 2:10-13]
- Is there any hope for Gentiles who refuse to become true Israelites through Jesus Christ?
Eph. 2:11-14 [Ans: ". . . having no hope." 1 Peter 2:6, 9, 10]
- Besides "Israel," by what other terms does the Bible refer to God's people?
Eph. 1:22,23 [Ans: "Church" and "Christ's body." Col. 1:24]
- In Greek the word "angel" means God's "messenger" and often refers to God's church when used symbolically in prophecy. How far will God's people take His message in the last days?
Rev. 14:6, 7 [Matt. 24:14]
- What other symbol does God use to represent Israel (or Zion) in prophecy?
Jer. 6:2 [Isa. 51:16; Eph. 5:23; Rev. 19:7]
- What will the dragon do to God's lastday church, as symbolized by a woman?
Rev. 12:17a [Eph. 6:12]
- Besides being worldwide, as noted in question 7, what other identifying marks does God give to help us recognize His true people symbolized by a woman?
Rev. 12:17b [Rev. 14:12]
- Thus, God's people will keep all the commandments, including the Sabbath commandment. They also will have "the testimony of Jesus Christ." What is "the testimony of Jesus Christ"?
Rev. 19:10 [Rev. 22:9]
- In summary, God's last-day church will be a (1) Christian, (2) worldwide, (3) commandment keeping church (4) that has the gift of prophecy. Do you know of a church that fits these specifications today?
- The Seventh-day Adventist Church alone meets the Biblical requirements. Like ancient Israel, this church was called into being by God and He invites all people into its fellowship. In 1844 God gave this church the promised gift of prophecy through Ellen G. White. After two men, one after the other, refused to be God's messenger, He chose this 17 year-old woman. She continued her inspired, prophetic ministry until she died in 1915. What other women did God call to be His prophets?
Judges 4:4; Luke 2:36 [Ex. 15:20; lsa. 8:3; 2 Kings 22:14; Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 21:9]
- Ellen White had only a limited, formal education, yet she wrote profound truths about Jesus, the Scriptures, education, health, marriage, administration, prophecy, and latterday events that we are seeing happening today. What kind of human instruments does God often choose to do His work?
1 Cor. 1:27-29 [Zech. 4:6]
- Who inspires prophets to write or speak God's messages?
2 Peter 1:21 [Jer. 1:5; Hosea 12:13; Luke 1:70]
- When God appoints a prophet, where is he placed?
1 Cor. 12:28 [Ans: As with other spiritual gifts, the gift of prophecy is placed within God's true church. Eph. 4:11-14]
As responsible human beings in search of salvation, we must identify two very important things: (1) God's last true church and (2) the reformation messenger God promised to send before His second coming. But if we find one we have found them both, for the prophet is placed within the church. After applying all the Biblical tests, it is then up to us to listen to the gentle voice of Jesus, saying, "Follow Me." It has never been popular to follow Jesus, but He is calling you today to become a part of His true church.
Will you accept that invitation just now?
- BIBLE STUDY | LESSON 21: Elijah Returns
- BIBLE STUDY | LESSON 9: Our Redeemer, the Theme of Prophecy
- BIBLE STUDY | LESSON 23: God’s Final Generation
- BIBLE STUDY | LESSON 26: The Christian’s Dress and Adornment
- BIBLE STUDY | LESSON 24: Baptism
- BIBLE STUDY | LESSON 14: The Sign of Allegiance to God